How has Cassini inspired you?
During nearly two decades in space, Cassini has inspired the people of Earth. It has sent home thousands of images of icy moons and resplendent rings. It helped discover erupting water geysers on Enceladus and seas of methane on Titan. It showed us a view of the Earth as a blue dot.
Now the mission is moving toward its "Grand Finale" phase, and in September it will finally draw to its dramatic end. We'd like to know one thing: how has Cassini inspired you?
Take a look at the resources listed on the right-hand column of this page. Leaf through the picture postcards and other dispatches that Cassini has sent home from deep space over the years. Learn about what we've discovered about the natural wonders of the Saturn system. Examine the remarkable technology that made it possible. Meet the people from different nations who worked together over decades, wielding technological and scientific magic to make it happen.
Write a poem. Paint a picture. Choreograph a dance. Tell a story. Ask yourself: what has Cassini shown us about the worlds of the solar system? How about our own world? Your creation can be in any medium: writing, sculpture, drama, music, even a recipe—any format that can be shared online. The possibilities are endless.
Upload your creation to the social media platform of your choice, such as Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or others. Tag it #CassiniInspires. Or, send it directly to: email@example.com. We'll highlight some of the creations that catch our eye by featuring them on this page and on NASA social media streams. Some of them will become a permanent part of the mission's history.
There are a few guidelines and some things to keep in mind. Short version: make sure no parts of your creation violate anyone else's copyrights, keep it clean, no commercial messages and understand that you're granting NASA permission to share your creation. Please see the full terms and conditions below.
We can't wait to see the results of your inspiration!
When you contribute to Cassini Inspires, you certify that:
- The artwork was produced by you (i.e. it is your original work).
- The contents of the artwork do not infringe the copyright or any other right of any third party.
- The artwork contains no inappropriate content.
- Your artwork complies with the terms of service for the social media sites where it is posted.
- You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13.
- Be advised that social media posts and websites that specifically list prices or "click here to purchase" wording cannot be shared by U.S. government accounts.
- In the event any individual is featured in the artwork, you represent and warrant that such individual agrees that NASA may use such individual’s name and likeness in connection with NASA’s use of the image. Participants grant the U.S. government a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to reproduce, display and distribute entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, scholarly and all other governmental purposes, and to have or permit others to do so on the government’s behalf. NASA will use reasonable efforts to mark any artwork reproduced by NASA with credit as feasible. NASA will not be required to seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
- Posting or submitting a creation does not guarantee that it will be featured by NASA.